Thursday, October 3, 2013

Shutdown Affecting my Internship!

Hi. Hope everyone's internships are going well. I apologize for not updating my blog as often as I would like, but I'm a forgetful person. So far, my internship has been going well. I have been cataloging titles that I am sent each week. Now that I have worked out most of the kinks with the software, I am much faster at cataloging. However, we have ran into a problem because of the government shutdown. As many of you may know, the Library of Congress is affected by the shutdown and unfortunately, the website is as well. We use the LOC website for copy cataloging and choosing subject headings. Each titles requires five to seven LOC subject headings, LOC children's, and Sears headings. Because we can't access the information through the website, this has made cataloging difficult. Hopefully our government will get their difference worked out soon and the LOC website will be back up and running.

1 comment:

  1. What does the shutdown have to do with the website? Did anyone explain that to you? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete